1. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICESYou represent and warrant that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Site and Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Site or Service.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONThe Company aggressively protects the anonymity of its Members. All contributed reviews and comments are only associated with a user identification number (UIN). The UIN is not associated with any personal information, and the UIN only exists to ban Members who post inappropriate materials. A Member can choose to include, change, or delete their username in written posts.
You acknowledge that Company may collect, process and store such "personal information" as set forth above, but such information is not linked to your user account in any way and such information is deleted from time to time. The Company may collect other non-personal "demographic and usage information" or other information such as your reasoning for joining the site (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information or linked to any of your personal information but necessary either for the proper functioning of our Service, or used to make the Service better, or to provide new Services or products. Such information collected by Company may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Company or its agents maintain facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the foregoing collection and use of information and any such transfer of information outside of your country. Company makes no representation or warranty with respect to any duty to permanently store any personal information you may provide.
3. CHANGE OR UPDATE REGISTRATION DATAYou may not change or update the Registration Data or any other information you provide Company.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your username (not your email address) may be displayed to other Users when you upload content or send messages through the Site. Any content that you submit to the Site may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONExcept as expressly provided herein, absent your prior consent, Company does not share your personal information with any unrelated third parties. Additionally, Company does not permit unrelated third parties to perform "reverse searches" whereby they could identify users from email addresses. In addition, the following describes some of the ways that your personal information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide you with the Services:
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company reserves the right, and you authorize Company, to share or disclose your personal information, including, without limitation, any content, records or electronic communications of any kind, when Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
In the event of a merger, acquisition, sale of substantially all of its assets or change of control of Company, personal information collected by Company about you will be considered a business asset and will be transferred to the applicable new entity.
6. NEWSLETTERS, ETC.Company maintains a strict "no-spam" policy. If you register for the Service, you may receive Company's newsletter, notices and/or special offers via email, unless you have requested otherwise at the time of registration or as set forth below.
You may unsubscribe from Company's electronic newsletters, notices and/or special offers at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every such email, or if a third-party vendor provides Company's newsletter, in accordance with the instructions provided by such third party. While all efforts are made to insure this information is viewable in all email browsers, there may be cases where certain email browsers do not display the unsubscribe information correctly. If you are having problems unsubscribing please forward the entire newsletter here [email link] with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the Subject line and you will be removed within 7 business days. Please note that direct replies to any newsletter are processed by computer and are not always viewed by a human.
7. COOKIES"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your web browser on your computer's hard drive. Company and third party advertisers may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Company and third party advertisers gather anonymous information about their users through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. Such aggregated information is used within Company's internal organization and is only shared with third party advertisers on an aggregated and non-personally identifiable basis.
8. WEB BEACONSWeb Beacons, also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs, ("Web Beacons"), are electronic images that allow a website to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those websites. Web Beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web Beacons is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web Beacons on the Site. However, through Web Beacons, we may collect general information that will not personally identify you, such as: Internet browser, operating system, IP address, date of visit, time of visit and path taken through the Site.
9. SECURITYPersonal information you submit to Company is password protected for your privacy and security. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises Company's security measures, Company will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party's ability to view, use or disseminate such information. Any employee, member, partner, director, limited partner, or investors in a venture capital fund or other sources of capital for companies is strictly forbidden from entering the Site with a username and password or viewing Member-only "Private" information, and any violation is considered extremely damaging to Company, and Company shall pursue its rights to the fullest extent of the law. Members agree not to share their username and password with anyone.
14. CHILDRENS' PRIVACYProtecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Company does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If Company learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Site without verified parental consent, then Company will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
16. IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCYIn the event that Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or sells all or substantially all of its assets, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information and content we have received and collected from our Users and Members as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Name of Contact:
The Founding Member
Email Address of Contact:
thefunded.spam [@] [gmail] . [com]
Mailing Address of Contact:
300 Almaden Boulevard,
San Jose, California, 95110
TheFunded.com Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement
1. Description of Service, Acceptance of Terms, ModificationTheFunded, Incorporated ("Company") provides users ("Users") of the web pages located at www.thefunded.com (the "Site") with a platform for the discovery and sharing of information about venture capital funds and entrepreneurial activity, communication with other Users, the posting, linking to or uploading of User Content (defined below) and other features, functions or services on the Site (collectively, the "Service"). The Service may include web hosting for storing User Content, the creation of web pages for personalized User web pages, and the cataloging and indexing of User Content. Much of the Site and the Services are only available to Users who become members ("Members"). To become a Member, you must provide Company with certain personal information and create an account.
This Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (the "Agreement") sets out the legally binding terms between you and Company. This Agreement applies to all Users of the Site or Service, including Users who submit any content, information or other materials on the Site. If you choose to use the Site or Service, you will be agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions of the Agreement. Company may change, add or remove portions of this Agreement at any time, but if it does so, it will post such changes on the Site.
IF ANY OF THESE RULES OR ANY FUTURE CHANGES ARE UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE NOW, OR FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF NOTICE OF ANY CHANGES IN THIS AGREEMENT, WILL INDICATE ACCEPTANCE AND AGREEMENT BY YOU OF SUCH RULES, CHANGES, OR MODIFICATIONS.
Company may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database, or content. Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
In addition, when using particular Company services, you and Company shall be subject to any additional terms, guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted from time to time. All such additional terms, guidelines and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement. Also, Company may offer other services from time to time that are governed by different terms of service.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new Company properties, shall be subject to this Agreement.
4. License and Site AccessCompany grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Site and the Service. You agree not to download (other than page caching) or modify the Site, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Company. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the Site, the Service, or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. The Site is for the personal use of Users only and may not be used for any commercial endeavors except those may be specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Company from time to time. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Site or Service, including collecting usernames, email addresses or User Content of other Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site or other illegal purposes will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from posts or accounts without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Company will take appropriate legal action for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site or the Service. The Site, Service, or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Company. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, content, text, page layout, or form) of Company and our affiliates or other Users without express written consent, except as otherwise provided and made available through the Site or the Service. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Company's name or trademarks without the express written consent of Company. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Company. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to Company so long as the link does not portray Company, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may use the Company logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of Company as part of the link, subject to Company's usage requirements and Company's right to revoke such permission in its sole discretion.
5. Account, Password, Securitya) You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. Certain Site features and Services may require a subscriber or registration fee to gain access. Members agree not to share their username and password with anyone. Any employee, member, partner, director in a venture capital fund or other sources of capital for companies is strictly forbidden under these Terms and Conditions from entering TheFunded.com with a username and password or viewing Member-only "Private" information from the TheFunded, and any violation is considered extremely damaging to TheFunded, making said party liable for any damages that face TheFunded.com in any matter under the fullest extent of the law in any applicable jurisdiction.
You agree to (i) immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (ii) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 5.
c) Company reserves the right to approve any Membership application at any time for any reason with any conditions at the sole discretion of Company. Company reserves the right to terminate any Member account at any time for any reason with any conditions at the sole discretion of Company.
6. InternationalYou agree to not use the Site or export any portion of the Site, including the User Content (defined below) in violation of U.S. export regulations. You are responsible for adhering to all relevant local and national laws wherever you are.
7. Uploaded Content, Reviews, Comments, Etc.Please choose carefully the words, information, content, messages, text, files, images, photos, sounds, profiles, works of authorship or any other materials you post, upload, link to, publish or display on the Site or through the Service and any such content that you provide or make available to other Users through the Site (collectively, "User Content"). You are responsible for all User Content, as set forth below. Information or User Content provided by other Users may contain inaccurate, inappropriate or offensive material, products or services, and Company assumes no responsibility or liability for this material.
Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove or modify any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site and/or the Service at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
User Content shall not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, violate any confidentiality agreement or other contract or be otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and shall not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any User Content. Company has the right but not the obligation to remove or edit User Content, but does not regularly review User Content. Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content.
By submitting the User Content to Company, you assign to Company all right, title and interest in and to the User Content and agree that the Company shall own the User Content and shall have the right to use the User Content in any manner it chooses, including without limitation, in connection with the promotion, distribution or sale to a third party of some or all of the User Content, the Site and/or the Service (and derivative works thereof), and for use in any media formats now known or hereinafter invented and through any media channels. You grant Company and it affiliates the right to use the username that you submit in connection with such User Content. You are solely responsible for any necessary payments that may become due to any third parties as the result of your posting of or linking to the User Content and Company's use thereof on the Site.
The following is a partial list of the kind of User Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Site and the Service. Company reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending User Content from the Site or Service and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited User Content includes content that: (i) is obscene, patently offensive, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (ii) harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iii) involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming"; (iv) consists of information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (v) consists of an illegal or unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work, such as sound recordings, musical compositions and videos in which you do not personally own the copyright or otherwise do not have the necessary authority from the copyright owner(s); (vi) computer programs or links to them or providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or infringing materials; (vii) contains restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); (viii) provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 or solicits personal information from anyone under 18; (ix) provides instructional information about illegal activities; (x) solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; (xi) involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or (xii) uses any unfair, misleading or deceptive content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
8. Conducta) You agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, and to not use the Service to: (i) interfere with, manipulate, or take any actions that may undermine the integrity of any rating system used on the Service; (ii) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; (iii) collect or store personal data about other Users; or (iv) harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other User without their prior explicit consent.
b) Without limiting other remedies, Company and its affiliates may immediately warn Users of your actions, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide the Service to you if: (i) you breach this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference; (ii) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (iii) we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, us or our Users. Your membership will be terminated and you will be denied access to the Service if you breach this Agreement or any other agreement between you and Company in any way.
c) You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users of the Site. Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
9. Use and StorageYou acknowledge that Company may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that User Content will be retained by or made available through the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on Company's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that Company has no responsibility or liability for the blocking, deletion or failure to store any User Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that Company reserves the right to cancel accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Company reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
11. TerminationCompany may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. Sections 3, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 shall continue in full force and effect upon any termination of this Agreement.
12. Representations and Warrantiesa) You represent and warrant that you have the full authority to act on your behalf and on behalf of any and all prior owners of any right, title and interest in and to any User Content you post, submit, transfer or link to.
b) You represent and warrant that you are either more than 18 years of age, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement and have obtained all necessary third-party consents, licenses and permissions necessary to enter into and fully perform your obligations herein. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Site and Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Site or Service. Your membership or access to the Site and Service may be deleted or blocked without warning if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age. Your membership is solely for your personal use, and you shall not authorize others to use your account.
d) You represent and warrant that you shall not act in any manner, or post or upload any User Content, that conflicts or interferes with any existing commitment or obligation of yours, and that no agreement previously entered into by you will interfere with your performance of your obligations under this Agreement. e) You represent and warrant that you shall perform in compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations of any governmental authority.
f) You represent and warrant that you will not use the Service to upload, post, link to, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or any telecommunications equipment.
13. DisclaimerThe views expressed on the Site or through the Service are not the views of Company. You acknowledge that any reliance on any opinion, advice, statement, or information available on the Site or the Service is at your sole risk. The Site and the Service contain views, opinions, statements, and recommendations of third-party individuals and organizations, and Company does not represent or endorse the accuracy, correctness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Site or the Service. Company makes no warranty as to the quality, accuracy, completeness, and validity of any materials on the Site or the Service and does not warrant that the functions contained on the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
14. Indemnification, Limited Liabilitya) You hereby indemnify and hold harmless, and upon Company's request, defend, Company its affiliates (and their respective directors, officers and employees) from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of any claim, action, or proceeding brought by a third party based on: (i) a breach of any warranty, representation, covenant or obligation of yours under this Agreement; or (ii) any allegation that any User Content provided, uploaded, syndicated, linked to or authorized by or on behalf of you hereunder or Company's or any User's use thereof violates or infringes the rights of another party. You will reimburse Company and its affiliates on demand for any actual payments made in resolution of any liability or claim that is subject to indemnification under this Section 14, provided that Company attempts to obtain your written consent prior to making such payments, and such consent is not unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned. Company shall promptly notify you of any such claim, and you shall assume control of the defense of such claim upon Company's request. Company shall have the right, at its expense, to participate in the defense thereof under your direction.
b) EXCEPT PURSUANT TO YOUR INDEMNITY OBLIGATION IN SECTION 14(a), AND EXCEPT FOR A BREACH OF YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES IN SECTION 12, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, COMPANY'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO COMPANY FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
15. Applicable LawThis Agreement and the relationship between you and Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Company agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State and County of New York.
17. Copyright InfringementCompany respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Company's copyright agent with the following information ("Notice"): (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site; (4) your address, telephone number, and email address; (5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf. Any Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement must be sent to Company at:
Name of Contact:
The Founding Member
Email Address of Contact:
thefunded.spam [@] [gmail] . [com]
Mailing Address of Contact:
300 Almaden Boulevard,
San Jose, California, 95110
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Company and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
b) The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
c) If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
d) You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
e) The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.