Posted by Jonathan Greechan on 2011-02-18
Less than two years ago, we internally discussed different ways to help the many applicants to TheFunded that were not qualified for membership (~60%). Rather than create a separate, earlier-stage site, we decided to create a training program to help inexperienced entrepreneurs build a meaningful and enduring technology company. After crowdsourcing the initial curriculum from the CEO and Founder members of the TheFunded, the Founder Institute was born.
We’ve now launched over 250 technology companies in over 15 cities worldwide, and are getting ready to kick-off our first chapter in San Francisco. With the Founder Institute’s pre-seed incubator program, entrepreneurs can launch their dream company with the help of our expert training, feedback, and support – and they’re not even required to quit their day job. Confirmed Mentors for the San Francisco chapter include;
- Adeo Ressi, Founder of TheFunded.com and the Founder Institute
- David Sacks, Founder & CEO of Yammer and Geni
- Garrett Camp, CEO of StumbleUpon
- Jared Goralnick, Founder & CEO of AwayFind
- Jay Jamison, Blue Run Ventures
- Jonathan Abrams, Founder of Friendster and FoundersDen
- Justin Moore, CEO of Axcient
- Philip Kaplan, Founder of AdBrite, F’d Company, and Blippy
- Russ Fradin, CEO of Adify
If you know anybody interested in launching a technology company that could benefit from expert training and mentorship, please encourage them to apply at the link below. The deadline is this Sunday, Feb. 20th.